Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It has quite a while since I last posted here. Pretty much a month. I have been busy with my son's school, meetings and fundraising. I used to work there and now I am a parent. So that has been taking up most of my time, getting to know some of the parents, reacquainting myself with some of the parents who still have children attending. Getting my Freedom School 'legs' back so to speak.

On another note. I will no longer be selling Close To My Heart products. I have taken down the link on this page. I am in the process of getting a business open. There should not be much competition with one Local Scrapbook Supply store in the city of Cornwall (ON. for those of you who live in other countries with cities named Cornwall) and another in Akwesasne which is only ope for select hours. I already have accounts set up with BoBunny, Graphic 45, Ranger Ink, Petaloo, Prima, Simple Stories. Most of these companies are not sold in either of the stores that I mentioned. Later on, I would be looking into setting up an online store. Nothing big. Just taking advantage of the internet.

I have become addicted to swaps on Life on the (Scrap) Beach community site. My first swap was a mail art swap which asked crafters to alter envelopes with art of any kind as long as the envelope was still functional. We then sent our finished project to the host of the swap and she divides the projects amongst participating members. The second one was summer/vacation themed mini album swap. Then the embellishment swap which is pretty neat, because you can 'de-stash' while getting new items in return. The ones I am in now are a Halloween Mini album, a tag swap and another embellishment swap. These last ones are all Halloween themed. Oh and there is the ribbon swap (all ribbons) and the advent/12 days of Christmas swaps. So as you can see quite busy.

As with all my projects, I will posting pics here. I am not one to do videos, but who knows? When my store if fully functional I may just do a tour of the shop!

Stay safe and keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment