Monday, August 6, 2012

 Hey All, Me again. Today I am working on finishing a mini album for a swap. Need to get it out by the end of this week! Eeeeee! Where did the time go? Waking up at 9AM with my 3yr old does not help! LOL. Here are some sneak peeks of the mini. I hope my swap partner likes it... After this project is finished, I am off to the fabric world to finish up two quilts that I will be donating to our local quilt group's effort. They are trying to get 180 baby/crib quilts to gift to the daycares in the community. I foolishly promised two; four months ago. Deadline for this is ....next week! Nothing like cutting this short!


 
Here is a shot of the back of the mini. I was trying for the corset look. It is a summer/vacation type album but I also took the liberty to play with the feminine. I am making masculine feeling layouts, cards, and minis since I am surrounded by males in this house. At one time even all the pets were male! :)



I was inspired by Kathy Orta from Paper Phenomenon and her paperbag mini album. I don't remember what it is called, but I can post the link.There is lots of places to put tags and photo mattes, journaling and all sorts. Little pockets to stash keep sakes, tickets from the plane, show park rides. That sort of thing.



Here is one of the tags that I am working on. I found this really elegant and feminine flower/scroll stamp set by Kaisercraft. C5721 \Flourishes. All I did was stamp the image in second generation technique in a contrasting color; blue in this case. Then I carefully traced with glue the image and sprinkled on the glitter. Again, in a contrasting color.


I kept the theme of the tags and the binding hinges the same, colors and all. 



 Here you can see what I mean about all the places to put your pictures and keepsake items. This is basic construction phase, I have yet to be adding the embellishments and all that jazz.


This is a mini mini! LOL. Again with the mottled colors and stamp from the same set. The lil' tag fits in the top loading pocket you see in the mini page.



 This is a page with another mini-mini attached right to the page. I am debating about putting tags in all the page slots. May just leave a couple open for keepsake stashing.

I hope you like this peek into my world. As you can see I am a bit of a messy crafter, you should see my hands sometimes... ink everywhere. Again, I am in the learning stages and creating helps to let loose all the lil; demons out before they drive over the bend. LOL Thanks for peeking.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work Ceely and my goodness I thought I was bad, but gosh you really do have some tight deadlines. Good luck getting it all done :)

    ReplyDelete