Friday, August 10, 2012

Update on the Mini Album

Well, here is the 'finished' item. There is one page that I was not happy with so I took the paper off and am replacing it.

This is the cover. Can't really see them, but I put silver glue in the middle of the stars, Liquid Glass (Z679), Close To My Heart, on the butterflies. Paper flowers from Petaloo, Mulberry Street; no-name brand from Auntie Em's, and Recollections. Crystal flourish by ZvaCreative. Paper pack, (Zippadee and Blue Ribbon discontinued), Sparkles, Clear assortment Z1752, Shell from Sea Glass by K&Company. The binding ribbon was from my sewing stash. The little lady bug came from an embellishment swap on Life on the Scrap Beach.

This is the Back cover. The paper roses were rubbed on a stamp pad to give it the red tint and then I added Glitz Glitter Gel in Stardust (Z1313) to it.

This is one of the pages with a mini-mini attached, more space to add keepsakes and whot-not.

 A pic of the mini-mini sort of open.

 The front cover has a handmade envelope attached for hidden journals, keepsakes, etc.

 The flowers are handmade, the butterfly is layered with three pieces (Prima Flowers).
 The tags are Journaling Spots Journey (X1409 discontinued)
 This page show the top flap open with Top Coats (Z1211discontinued) as a top loading picture frame.

 This page has multiple flags for photos and more journaling. Another handmade envelope made with Cricut cartridges.

Inside back cover with another envelope.

I used Martha Stewart border punch in Vintage Heart Lace for the binding strips. On the tags I used KaiserCraft stamp set in Flourishes C5721. The tags and binder strips were inked three colors Cranberry Z2116, Desert Sand Z2118, and Honey Z2162 all CTMH. The flourish was 2nd generation stamped in Outdoor Denim Z2130 then I traced it with Liquid Glass and sprinkled Martha Stewart glitter in Lapis Lazuli and Brownstone. I roughed the edges of the papers and inked with TH Walnut Stain. For my adhesives, I used Hallmark 450 Quick Dry adhesive, 1/4 ATG tape and Pink ATG gun, and 1/4 Sookwang Scor-tape.
Forgive me if I forgot to mention some of the 'ingredients' to this mini, it was not on purpose.

I kept the pages and tags open without photo matting and journaling for my swap partner to decide what she wanted to there. I hope she enjoys it as much as I did making it. I started out make single and two-page scrapbook layouts for my sons thousands (joking) of pictures. Then I started to search Youtube for ideas on different techniques: flowers, inking, stamping and the sort. This lead me to page construction for mini albums then to specific album/altered art projects to where I am today. I still make the layouts; I do have three more photo albums to fill in addition to the two I have filled already. You can take a peek on my Facebook page to see where I started out and how far I have come.

I am still working on linking Youtube videos of my favorite designers channels and Ustream channels. Hopefully I can figure this out soon. Thanks for reading, tomorrow or next, I will be writing about a quilt that I am helping my Auntie quilt. It will be donated to the school where my son attends. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment